To meet the pressing and diverse needs of Asia-Pacific’s built environment industry, the International Built Environment Week (IBEW 2019) organized by the Building Construction Authority of Singapore (BCA) will feature four dynamic anchor tradeshows from 4-6 September 2019. The new all-in-one tradeshow platform will cover the entire built environment value chain. The shows have been specially curated to showcase the industry’s technological prowess and accelerate the transformation towards a more sustainable, smart and efficient built environment.
Tradeshows include: BEX Asia covering the sustainability and integrated design and planning space, Innobuild (IB) Asia focusing on construction 4.0, Mostra Convegno Expocomfort (MCE) Asia zooming in on energy efficient solutions and renewable energy, and Smart Cities and Buildings (SCB) Asia featuring the latest digital advances in the construction sector.
To welcome over 550 exhibiting companies showcasing cutting edge solutions
Themed “Transforming the Way We Build,” IBEW 2019 is the first fully integrated built environment event and the largest in the Asia Pacific region. The tradeshows’ 12,000 expected visitors will be able to meet and network with over 550 exhibiting companies over the three exhibition days.
Showcasing the latest solutions in construction productivity and resource-efficiency at IB Asia 2019 are industry heavyweights Autodesk, Cementaid, FINALCAD, George Fischer, Greyform, Jurong Port, Makita, Natsteel, Oracle and Robert Bosch and many more. Falling under the IBEW umbrella for the first time this year, IB Asia will be a key driver in improving the construction sector’s performance in the productivity arena. Taking centerstage will be products and solutions in the following areas: pre-fabricated and prefinished volumetric construction (PPVC), integrated construction supply chains, underground construction, building and systems management and data analytics software. IB Asia will also feature a one-of-kind drone demonstration showcasing the use of technology in construction.
Bob Chan, Chief Executive Officer of exhibiting company Greyform said, “With IBEW 2019 less than a month away, we are excited to bring our expertise and solutions in prefabrication to the event. Driving productivity and innovation in the built environment sector requires stakeholders to collaboratively solve challenges. As the only end-to-end event that brings players ranging from consultants and contractors to building owners, developers and planners into the conversation, we believe that IBEW is the right platform for creating holistic change. We’re confident that we will leave the event inspired by new ideas and with fresh opportunities to explore.”
Sustainability will feature heavily on the agenda at BEX Asia 2019, with key exhibitors such at AGC, Airmaze, Glass Matrix, Leisure Pools Manufacturing, Mapei Far East, Noise Plaster, ST Engineering, USG Boral and many more shining a spotlight on green practices across the built environment lifecycle including in sustainable design and new architectural materials.
At BEX Asia, world-class industry showcases will offer a glimpse into the future of the sector. Visitors can experience an inspiring display of the heights the industry can reach at the BuildSG Pavilion, developed by the BCA Singapore in collaboration with more than 20 companies. The Pavilion will host a series of experiential and participatory exhibits highlighting today’s best practices and tomorrow’s innovation across the building life cycle – from project conceptualisation to building completion, and looking beyond into the future.
SCB Asia will encapsulate the finest in smart technologies, key to creating intelligent, human-centric cities of the future. Exhibiting companies include: Anixter, Bridgetek, CommScope, Deltek, Graesslin, LEFA Technologies, MCC Land, Mirs Innovate, Tridium, and Omniflow. Visitors to SCB Asia can also experience how cities of the future can be transformed into a more liveable, connected and sustainable environment through the ‘Experience Bosch Ville’ exhibit. This showcase by engineering and technology consultant Robert Bosch details how the company is actively working with cities, neighborhoods and businesses to make mobility seamless and industries efficient, all while increasing convenience and security.
On the MCE Asia 2019 show floor, industry leaders in the water, energy efficiency and HVAC-R sector such as Aggreko, Camfil, Daikin, ebm-papst, KM Marketing (exclusive distributor for Mitsubishi Heavy Industries air-conditioners), Reflex Winkelmann, SMARDT Chillers and Winfinity (authorized sole agent for Fujitsu General Asia) will present their latest innovations to maximise building efficiency and energy operations. At MCE Asia, delegates can expect to meet like-minded professionals dedicated to creating unique, technology-driven solutions to the energy efficiency challenges faced by the sector today.
Forging meaningful connections and insightful conversations
Designed to catalyse change by fostering meaningful conversations and continually create diverse learning opportunities for all professionals, the tradeshows will also feature complimentary seminars covering topics across the built environment ecosystem.
Seminars include Green View, covering the latest trends in sustainable building solutions; Digital Rally, highlighting innovations in the construction and operation of next-generation cities and buildings, and Energy Xchange, showcasing energy-efficient HVAC-R, sanitary, plumbing and solar energy solutions.
Louise Chua, Project Director, Reed Exhibitions said, “We are delighted to have all these esteemed speakers come on board to contribute their expertise on the wide range of issues affecting the built environment industry. To successfully transform Asia’s burgeoning built environment ecosystem, knowledge sharing and the cross-pollination of ideas is essential. We have developed the 2019 editions of our Green View and Energy Xchange seminars with this aim and added on the Digital Rally seminars to underscore the importance of creating a tech-enabled environment, uncover emerging trends and create even further avenues for change.”
Industry experts that have joined the seminar agenda include:
- [Green View] Heng Boon Kiat, Regional Director Asia-Pacific, FINALCAD who with highlight the importance of digital transformation on project sites to increase productivity
- [Green View] Doraisingam Sivakumar, General Manager, Bulk & RMC and Walter Lin, General Manager, Breakbulk from Jurong Port sharing how the organization is leveraging integrated, automated and shortened supply chains to bring about significant increases in productivity
- [Green View] Experts from the Japan Wood Products Export Association on the different applications and durability of engineering wood products
- [Digital Rally] Chris Mooney, Director of Global Accounts, Asia-Pacific at Anixter who will share the five essentials to creating smart environments: Risk Management, Network Performance, Workforce Productivity, Space Utilisation and Internet of Things Enablement
- [Digital Rally] Thomas Jakob, Regional President Asia Pacific, Bosch Software Innovations, Robert Bosch who will deep dive into how Bosch’s Connected Building Services utilize IoT, enabling facility managers and building owners to maximise the payoff of digitization
- [Digital Rally] Sachin Kataria, Sales Consulting Lead – ASEAN, Oracle (Construction and Engineering) on bringing construction project management into the digital age to enhance collaboration and decision making
- [Energy Xchange] Steve White, Director Technology High Rise, Aliaxis covering the best practices in designing above ground drainage systems for high-rises
- [Energy Xchange] David Edenburn, ESD Consultant, Commtech Asia highlighting the new proposed American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE) standards to improve efficiency in data centers.
- [Energy Xchange] Uwe Sigloch, Head of Product Management, ebm-papst on how better monitoring of air handling units can save long term operation costs
Several other not-to-be-missed sessions will be conducted by companies such as CommScope, Cushman & Wakefield, ENGIE South East Asia, Frost & Sullivan, George Fischer, Mapei Far East, Meinhardt and SAUTER amongst many others.
Besides the four exhibitions and seminars, IBEW 2019 will be abuzz with many other activities to accelerate the pace of learning and solution development in the built environment sector.This includes the Built Environment Accelerate to Market (BEAMP) programme byBCA in partnership with JTC Corporation and Enterprise Singapore aimed at building a vibrant eco-system of innovators for the industry.
IBEW 2019 will be held at Singapore’s iconic Marina Bay Sands Expo and Convention Centre from 3-6 September 2019. Attendees can also join the three-day conference where industry leaders and thought leaders will share the latest innovations, best practices and ideology that will shape the entire built environment life cycle. Visitors can also sign up for curated site tours of the most inspirational and technologically advanced projects in Singapore including Jewel Changi Airport, the Soilbuild Prefab Innovation Hub and Parc Botannia.