The opening ceremony of Sylva Wod 2017
Set in the multi-cultural metropolis of shanghai, Sylva Wood 2017 officially opens to overwhelming positive response as well as with a warm welcome to distinguished guests, exhibitors and visitors from Mr William Pang, managing director of Shanghai Pablo Exhibition Pte Ltd.
“The world is taking on a strong focus in environmental protection, and there is no better place than China, one of the strongest players in the timber industry, to gather world of wood together,” said Mr Pang.
He also added that “Asia’s one and only wood materials show continues to be the perfect platform for global suppliers and buyers of wood materials and wood-based products to collaborate and see some of the world’s most important thinkers exchanging insights and making decisions that will shape the future of the wood sector.”
The three-day show will run from 26 to 28 June, and will see leading wood associations and their membership returning to grace the event: French Timber,the American Hardwood Export Council, US Softwood Export Council, Canada Wood, American Softwoods,the Shanghai Timber Trade Association, Malaysian Timber Council, Quebec Wood Export Bureau, Smaland of Sweden, Thai Timber Association, the National Hardwood Lumber Association and Zhangjiagang City Wood Industry Association.
- Madame Vera HMYROVA, Deputy Director, Department of Chemical Engineering and Timber Processing Complex of the Ministry of Industry and Trade of the Russian Federation
- Michael SNOW, Executive Director, American Hardwood Export Council (AHEC)
- John CHAN, AHEC Director, Southeast Asia & Greater China
- Lorna CHRISTIE, Executive Director，National Hardwood Lumber Association
- XU Fang, Director, American Softwood China Office
- Jean-François GUILBERT, Managing Director, French Timber
- TAN Dingwei, Director, Malaysian Timber Council (Guangzhou Office)
- WANG Zhi, Chief Representative, Smaland China Support
- ZHANG Yanghong, Shanghai Timber Trade Association (STTA)
- CHEN Yuezhu, Vice General Manager, Shanghai Furen Investment Group Co. Ltd.
- WANG Yutao, Deputy Secretary General, Zhangjiagang City Wood Industry Association
- Chuck CHEN, Representative, Dongguan Veneer Alliance
- James XU, China President, National Hardwood Council of STTA
In addition, Sylva Wood has grown tremendously and seen new participation from timber companies around the world. For the first time this year, the show will welcome the Dong Guan Veneer Alliance and its members. The number of Russian wood suppliers have also jumped, and will together form a Russia Pavilion. These international exhibitors and visitors hail from countries as far as Canada, France, Germany, Malaysia, Russia, Singapore, Sweden, Thailand and USA.
This year, the third edition of Sylva Wood also celebrates the beauty of wood, which has brought to life countless of statement-making structures. The seminar programme features a stellar line-up of keynote speakers to discuss new building technologies in timber construction. Visitors will discover the opportunities of using wood, a high-performance, sustainable material.
Sylva Wood 2017 is expected to draw 5,000 visitors, a majority of whom will be professional buyers from the flooring, furniture, cabinetry, doors and windows, and stairs sector. Architects and builders keen to understand Asia and find out more about the international timber market will also be discussing and trading information with exhibitors.
Sylva Wood 2017 runs from 26 to 28 June at Shanghai Mart Expo, Shanghai, China.