Raute sets new record for 2016

Finnish enterprise Raute finished the 2016 financial year on a high note, with an 11 per cent hike in order intake to hit €162 million (USD$174.2 million), a new achievement. Around two per cent of the orders came from South America, three per cent came from the Asia Pacific (APAC) region, 11 per cent came from North America, some 27 per cent from Russia, and 57 per cent from Europe.

Project orders in 2016 also witnessed an eight per cent bump up to €44 million (USD$47.3 million), with orders for services at 12 per cent, and modernisation at five per cent. The new plant business further boasted a 13 per cent rise to €118 million (USD$126.9 million). An estimated 75 per cent of the orders were for the technology to produce plywood, and the remaining 25 per cent were brought in by laminated veneer lumber (LVL) manufacturers.

The first half of 2016 saw the order intake for the new plant dip sharply, but Raute managed to get four large orders totalling €88 million (USD$94.6 million) by the end of the financial year. The orders include the consignment of five production lines in total, one to be sent to Russia and the other four to be distributed in Europe. Three of these five orders came in the third quarter of 2016.