The Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification (PEFC) has teamed up with Sustainable Forestry Initiative (SFI) to bring the PEFC Week / SFI Conference from 14-18 May 2023 at Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
According to SFI, the conference will discuss opportunities on the most-pressing issues and challenges facing the people and the planet, both locally and globally. Topics that will be covered include:
- Nature positive solutions: How organisations use data, science, and collaborations to advance forest- and nature-positive solutions.
- Climate smart forestry: Strategies from the public and private sectors to advance climate resiliency, including implementing SFI’s new climate smart forestry requirements.
- Indigenous rights and reconciliation: Case studies of indigenous reconciliation in the forest sector and how indigenous rights are being advanced.
- Supply chain leadership: ESG expectations in the supply chain and how PEFC and SFI certifications and programmes are being leveraged to advance sustainability while meeting investor and customer expectations.
- Diverse and resilient workforce: Best practices in retention, recruitment, and advancement and how SFI’s education programme, Project Learning Tree, is moving the needle on this topic.
- Urban and community forests: The role of urban and community forests in building sustainable communities while advancing human health and well-being and delivering on climate resiliency.
Registration details are available on both PEFC and SFI’s websites.