Instalmec has developed an innovative gluing system that respects the environment by reducing the amount of formaldehyde released into the atmosphere and glue consumption while preserving the mechanical characteristics of the panels.
In this gluing system the wood fibre is glued after the dryer. This special way of gluing fibre enables the following advantages:
– Significant glue reduction used in panel production, up to 15-25 percent savings;
– Less environment pollution, since formaldehyde is not released into the atmosphere if warmed below 60°C;
– A more accurate dosing of the glue into the wood fibre;
– Fine atomisation of the glue into the wood fibre, hence fine blending with fibre;
– Better mechanical properties of the panels, since glue is warmed only up to 60°C;
– Less dirt in the gluing areas, since the gluing system is self-cleaning;
– constant effectiveness of gluing;
– absence of condensation in the system;
Another key innovation of the gluing system is the special design of the fibre inlet developed by Instalmec which ensures targeted turbulence of the wood fibre inside the gluing tube that is essential for an effective and fast gluing process.
The special glue nozzles (developed together with research centres and tertiary institutions) allow a fine dosing and atomisation of the glue into the fibre and contribute to a better blending of glue with fibre.
The gluing system is more effective if wood fibre is treated after gluing by a special fibre sifter, the Highly Efficient MDF Cleaner, which contributes to a perfect and homogeneous panel surface, keeping it free from defects, such as common black spots due to glue/resin lumps.
The fibre sifter works in two phases. In the first step, a big pre-sifter processes the whole fibre and divides it in two fractions: the clean fibre (~95%) and the uncertain fraction (~5%) containing rejects mixed with a certain quantity of good quality fibre. In the second step a small post-sifter processes the uncertain fraction rejected by the big pre-sifter and separates it in two fractions: the reject and the recovered fibre of good quality.
As a result of this double-phase cleaning the clean fibre processed by our sifter is completely free of polluting particles, fibre or glue lumps. The clean fibre is then conveyed to the Low Pressure Drop (LPD) cyclones.
The use of innovative LPD cyclones patent by Instalmec has many advantages:
The original design and revolutionary operating principle gives the LPD cyclones incomparable benefits with respect to traditional cyclones. The main innovation is a lower air speed of particles inside the cyclone with respect to traditional cyclones. This lower velocity of the particles reduces inner wear and tear of the cyclone.
- Lower pressure drop: reduced by more than half compared to traditional cyclones
- Less wear, resulting in lower maintenance costs; the cyclone is highly resistant to wear and tear
- Less kW absorption thanks to the lower air speed of the particles
- Simpler and lighter steel frames resulting in cheaper installation costs
- The compact design allows for an indoor installation, in narrow spaces
- Less surface to be thermally insulated due to its compact size