HOMAG Group acquires stake in software specialist for timber house construction

WEINMANN is a subsidiary of HOMAG Group, responsible for prefabricated housing components (Image: HOMAG)

HOMAG Group has acquired 26% of the shares in software company granIT, thus strengthening its digital expertise in the growth area of timber house construction.

To date, SchwörerHaus, a German prefabricated house manufacturer, holds 76% of the shares in granIT, which was founded in 1995. The remaining 24% belongs to the managing director of granIT, Wolfgang Bock.

Both shareholders are selling shares. The investment of the HOMAG Group is subject to approval by the antitrust authorities; the companies have agreed not to disclose the purchase price.

granIT is a specialist for manufacturing execution systems for prefabricated house production, among other things. Such manufacturing execution systems (MES) are used to optimise complex production processes and increase their efficiency.

MES are of central importance to meeting the challenges of Industry 4.0. In the course of digitalisation and the expansion of complex, automated processes, some of which are carried out by robots, MES act as a hub for the large volumes of data in production.

For years, granIT has been an important partner of WEINMANN, a subsidiary of the HOMAG Group and a manufacturer of machines and systems for timber house construction.

Dr Daniel Schmitt, CEO of the HOMAG Group, emphasised: “The acquisition of shares in granIT is another important component in the expansion of our activities in the high-growth business area of timber house construction. We are seeing increasing demand in multi-storey construction from industrial suppliers.

“This is precisely where a high-performance manufacturing execution system is essential. granIT offers just that.”

Wolfgang Bock added: “With the HOMAG Group, we now have a second strong partner in addition to SchwörerHaus, and look forward to further expanding the previous collaboration based on mutual trust.”