The Handicraft and Wood Industry Association of Ho Chi Minh City (HAWA) has kicked off the Vietnam Furniture Matching Week (VFMW) 2021. Scheduled to run from today, 12 April, to 19 April 2021, the hybrid event aims to connect international buyers and Vietnamese manufacturers amid COVID-19-related travel restrictions. Online and offline events include Furniture Sourcing Day, Online Exhibition, B2B Matching, Market Intelligence Hub, Factory Visit, among others.
Virtual tour of new trending products and collections
- With 20,000 m2 of online showroom space, 10,000 products from more than 100 Vietnamese manufacturers will be introduced during the VFMW 2021 event on the www.hopefairs.com platform. It aims to be a one-stop furniture-sourcing destination, comprising various categories (eg, bedroom, living room, garden, kitchen furniture, upholstery, interior fitting, home décor, accessories, etc).
- Buyers can connect directly with Vietnamese manufacturers through interactive apps built into online platform showrooms. Besides, during VFMW 2021, HAWA will assist buyers in finding and connecting to a reputable network and export-capable manufacturers in Vietnam for each specific sourcing request.
3-Step B2B online matching
- Buyers send a request for sourcing support via this form: https://bit.ly/3rgaDiZ
- HOPE sourcing team will then source suitable Vietnamese manufacturers
- Vietnamese manufacturers and buyers will be connected via online platforms (eg, ZOOM, MS Teams)
Market intelligence hub
- Series of webinars and live broadcasts with in-depth analysis will shed light on Vietnam’s main and potential export markets (eg, United States, United Kingdom, Korea, Germany, Canada and Australia).
- A series of broadcasts on outstanding Vietnamese manufacturers will be broadcasted daily during the VFMW 2021 event to share their stories, new products, new materials and virtual factory tours, etc.
Offline event – Furniture Sourcing Day
- The Furniture Sourcing Day will be held on 14 April 2021 at the White Palace Event and Exhibition Center (Address: 108 Pham Van Dong, Hiep Binh Chanh, Thu Duc District, Vietnam). The event is expected to attract 300 participants, including manufacturers, representative offices (ROs) and sourcing agencies to create a connected community and facilitate long-term partnerships.
- B2B Matching between ROs and manufactures
- Inspiring pavilion of new trending products and collections
- Seminars and conferences
- Factory visits
VFMW is organised by the HAWA in cooperation with the Vietnam Trade Promotion Agency (Vietrade), Vietnam Trade Offices and the Swiss Import Promotion Programme (SIPPO), among others, and with the support from domestic and international media partners such as Furniture Today, Furniture News, Mobelmarkt, etc.