SCM's "On the Leading Edgebanding" event a success
The SCM event organised from 7 to 9 November at the Edgebanding Tech Lab in Thiene (Vicenza) was a great success. The new "batch 1" flexible edgebanding systems for Industry 4.0 were presented. A full programme of seminars was also organised for participating companies, on key market trends combined with SCM technologies.
The “On the Leading EDGEBanding” event organised by SCM at its production site in Thiene (Vicenza) from 7 to 9 November came to a close on a high note with a significant turnout from all over the world (Europe, China, the Far East and South America) and key large-scale furniture producers of international renown who came to see for themselves the new SCM "batch 1" and Industry 4.0 flexible industrial edgebanding systems, which held centre stage during the event.
Flexibility, integration and automation: these are the cornerstones of the new “Stefani Cell” range, designed and developed to fully interpret and meet the demands for efficiency, high production and customisation from today's market. The edgebander or squaring edgebander machine is integrated into cells and plants fitted with rollers, panel return devices, automatic loading and unloading systems, assisted by robots and fitted with IoT sensors to guarantee immediate digital services in support of an optimal functioning of the machine.
Industry visitors showed considerable interest in the high innovative level of these new solutions. They also appreciated the wider objective of this event: to offer a general overview of key furniture and design trends for which the industrial edgebanding process is increasingly more decisive, with demonstrations and detailed explanations.
"Today's edgebanding is a process which can make a genuine difference to the aesthetic value of an end product. This is why we focus on always giving greater added value to our clients in the furniture industry with applications which not only guarantee high productivity and flexibility for a simple, rapid machining of increasingly smaller batches, but can also ensure that a quality finishing and a great look is achieved on all kinds of panels," explains Fabio Cernoia, Business Manager for SCM Edgebanding.
This is the new SCM solutions' aim as well as the vast programme of workshops organised in collaboration with industry technological partners. Four topics were covered:
Threespine Click Furniture Technology, the furniture with excellent results, which can easily be assembled in one click. SCM has designed new customised technological solutions for this new market trend, based on the client's specific needs;
Eco-friendly furniture, with demonstrations and detailed explanations of edgebanding with veneered edges, 100% recycled panels, SCM Slimline systems for a zero glue line and Stefani Shape Technology softforming applications for timber shaped profiles; the future of polyurethane glues with a study of less harmful PU glues which are longer lasting and reduce emissions and waste; new trends on edges, with the presentation of SCM solutions for decorative edgebanding with attractive results on the panel. Crystal Decor is a clear example, for an exclusive glass effect laminate.
“STEFANI CELL”: THE NEW RANGE OF SCM CELLS FOR "BATCH 1"
"Stefani Cell" is the new generation of flexible cells with edgebander and squaring edgebanding machine for "batch 1" machining, with high tech solutions requiring minimum investment:
- "Stefani Cell E" for machining pre-squared panels;
- "Stefani Cell S" for machining panels to be squared and semi-automatic feed;
- “Stefani Cell H and H+” high productivity for machining panels pre squared or to be squared and with automatic feed.
The range's software has also been modernised with Maestro Active edge and Maestro Active watch, the new supervisor with HMI and shared structure with all the SCM machines, recipient of the prestigious RedDot Award 2019 (Brands & Communication Design 2019 category). Of fundamental importance is also the integration with Maestro connect, the system for collecting and analysing the data from SCM technologies which, thanks to the constant analysis of the data being produced by the machines, grants instant access to a wide range of services such as remote technical support with augmented reality glasses, the purchase of spare parts on-line, predictive maintenance and numerous other services to considerably increase the effectiveness and efficiency of its production plant.
STEFANI CELL E
“Stefani Cell E” is the “entry level” cell in the range, for edgebanding previously squared panels. It combines the advantages of a customised production and large volumes with a compact overall design and, above all, with an accessible investment even for SMEs.
The multiple configurations available allow for each specific need to be covered in terms of productivity and machining. Feeder, Robot or additional movements can be combined to offer maximum flexibility and customisation.
In particular, in the RobotLoop version, the "Stefani Cell E" is configured with the anthropomorphic Robot for a complete automatic management of the panel loading/unloading work.
- Fast axis high technology in line with future market scenarios. Type, colour, edge thickness, position and mortise depth, handling of the protective film and panel dimensions: the highly versatile "Stefani Cell E" allows you to continually feed-in and change all these parameters as part of the production flow without it being interrupted.
- Simple, integrated and versatile: the multiple configurations available (reloop with robot" or "reloop with motorised belts") mean all specific needs in terms of production and machining are met. Feeder, robot or additional movements can be combined to offer maximum flexibility.
- Whether it be in self-learning mode, with Bar Code/QR code or with supervisor, "Stefani Cell E" is programmed to be set at any level of logical and physical integration.
- New automation to accelerate business: with the new fast, reliable "pickback bridge system" for the automatic return of panels, the panel is automatically rotated to speed up the next in-feed. It will also be possible to unload at the end of the cycle in masked time with the next loop load.
- No errors and a guarantee of always feeding in the panels in the right direction, thanks to the SIDE FINDER technology, which shows how to position the panel from a display in the operator's area, so that it can be correctly machined.
STEFANI CELL S
"Stefani Cell S" is the “all-in-one” square-edging cell designed for mid-range investments with the aid of a single operator to provide clear business advantages from the outset, especially companies focusing on a semi-intensive production and/or with varying production batches.
- Compact and efficient: with a single operator and a cell of just 85 square metres in its basic configuration, it allows for work to be done on parts coming both from the pre-measured and squared nesting cycle and from the sheet cutting, and which therefore require the parallelism/squaring to be reset. This occurs thanks to the innovative semi-automatic feeder device with panel squaring that facilitates and allows for the longitudinal and transversal feeding even of large sized panels.
- Modular and efficient: "Stefani Cell S" is designed to be easily integrated into different operating situations thanks in addition to its integration with the new pickback bridge system that automatically unloads the machined panels into a stack. This brings with it considerable advantages in logistics terms and overall machining times with full automation for the return of the panel as far as the operator loading area.
- Exact and dynamic: the specific technical solutions provided guarantee maximum quality when making the final assembly of all the furniture parts, even the largest pieces like the sides and cupboard doors. Repeatability and machining accuracy become a safe added value for each component in the piece of furniture.
STEFANI CELL H and STEFANI CELL H+
Maximum customisation, high productivity levels and excellent machining quality. “Stefani Cell H” and “Stefani Cell H+” are the new edgebanding and squaring-edgebanding cells capable of bringing together all these advantages under one solution. The cells can be configured with different kinds of panel feeder systems - semi-automatic or fully automatic - and are structured according to technical solutions, level of investment and efficiency and are designed to guarantee both industrial level production volumes as well as maximum diversification of the production batch.
"Stefani Cell H and H+" ensure 100% efficient machining of components for furniture items for every part of the home (kitchens, living rooms, sleeping areas, bathrooms, wardrobes and studies) with considerable advantages.
- Instant production and financially advantageous both for batches with single panels as well as for average standard stacks, without the need to stop production for a change of format, thickness, edge type and gluing quality that occur on a regular basis during a machining shift.
- Instant availability, even on mobile devices, of the machining information relating to each single panel, wherever it is in the cycle, thanks to the continuous tracking provided by the supervision software.
- Panel flow and movement optimisation handled and synchronised with company network data.
"These new SCM flexible "batch 1" edgebanding systems prove our ability to generate sustainable, quality innovation for all companies seeking advanced and flexible solutions for their production process. We have shared the latest technological solutions for the industry with clients and partners right where they take shape, at the heart of the SCM production site in Thiene. It was recently extended to 30,000 m2 (+35%) to guarantee machining lines and areas that are increasingly 'leaner' and offer 'greater performance',"comments Luigi De Vito, SCM Division Director.
The event was preceded by a community day with SCM's international sales network covering all the strong points in the "Stefani Cell" range, to provide a punctual, capillary, state-of-the-art service alongside the high technology of these new solutions.